There’s A Free App For That
The free Monocacy National Battlefield iPad app is a portable reference to the fateful battle that occurred at Monocacy Junction, just south of Frederick, Maryland, on July 9, 1864. There, a small Union force delayed a larger Confederate army and helped prevent the capture of Washington, D.C. Learn about the soldiers who fought here, the civilians who developed the land and lived here, and the landscape which makes up the battlefield.
The app features:
- Details of the battle and the soldiers who fought here
- A tour of the historic farmsteads which make up the battlefield
- The history of the civilians who lived here
- Ongoing research into the varied landscape from prehistory to the present
- A calendar of events which will be regularly updated
- A quiz to test your knowledge
- and more.
If you are a Civil War buff, learning about U.S. history in school or just curious about how this little-known battle may have affected the outcome of the Civil War, check it out.